Monday 30 May 2016

Nuisance of Nachos

(Loaded Nachos)

When I was a kid the one and only snack that I used to enjoy were chips! Of all kinds, makes and brands – flavors too. Except Original, because in my opinion that is not even a flavor. To find out more about this aversion of Original flavor, click here.

I was never a big fan of ice creams (except Jamoca Almond Fudge – I’d kill for it), chocolates, biscuits or cookies of any kind but yessss! Give me chips any day or time of the week. My favorite time pass used to be stuffing my face with chips and my face stuffed in books, and by books I mean hard core fiction, fast paced thrillers – Hit me up with any suggestions that you guys might have from this genre….pretty please…been ages since I read a good one!

Moving on – now that I am grown up and cool – I eat Nachos! Yes another heavenly creation by the Mexicans. Another one that I will be typing up shortly would be Mexican Enchiladas.


 They are best served as snacks! I can make tortilla chips myself but since it’s way too hot so to save myself the trouble I got Doritos.

Ingredients

Pack of Doritos.
Handful of sweet corn.
2 jalapenos, finely chopped.
Handful of black olives, finely chopped.
Handful of iceberg lettuce, also finely chopped.
1 tomato, finely chopped.
½ capsicum also finely chopped.
Juice of one lemon.
Except Doritos, mix all the rest of the ingredients over low heat till slightly soft, and put them in the opened pack of Doritos – hold the pack tightly and shake the hell out of it! Like literally!

Take it out on the serving dish, lightly heat ½ cup Ranch (easily available in all leading stores) and pour over the Doritos mixture. Take some cheddar cheese; shred it over the nachos and into a preheated oven for like 3 minutes.

If you are lucky enough to find authentic sour cream, feel free to add a biggg dollop to the center of the dish.
To load it yet more you can add chicken chunks or shredded chicken to the mixture as well.

Next – grab a copy of your favorite novel, or a nice movie, nachos by your side and enjoy your day, trust me it doesn’t get better than this.

Till then,

Best,

Urooba.

No comments:

Post a Comment