Tuesday 17 May 2016

PLAYING IT SAFE.


(Manchurian – the safest bet on the menu!)

There are 2 kinds of people in this world – One who order different stuff whenever they go and eat out, and the second kind who order the same thing over and over – Which one are you??

I am kind of stuck in the middle. I order different stuff every time but I do ensure that it is close to whatever I enjoy.

I remember once we were out for dessert and some one ordered Turkish Espresso Shots. Ha Ha I can never in a million years forget the expressions! It was like she was having “tears of Satan”. Hats Off she finished all three!

Well there are something’s that you can’t go wrong with ever, like the good old Manchurian.


From what I have observed even the pickiest of eaters tend to enjoy this particular dish/recipe. It is usually available easily and normally you don’t have to spend big bucks. If you are attempting this at home, it involves very basic ingredients and you can easily, like really easily make it at home! Authentic taste – promise!!

 Sooo boyses and girls, here I have for you Fish Manchurian! Ditto for chicken, but trust me it’s better and way tastier with fish.
Oh and yes please take note of the lame food styling that I have tried to do, still learning L These are magazines from my childhood that I still get from time to time. Titled as FRIDAY, and obviously we use to get them delivered to us on Fridays. Covered almost everything and was amazing to read.

 You can check it out here, if interested.

…and yes here is the recipe.

Ingredients and Method
In a bowl, take ½ kg boneless fish/chicken. Add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste, 1 egg, 3 tbsp cornflour, 1 tsp black pepper, Mix, coat the meat and fry and set aside!

Next in a wok, over low heat – 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste – fry for a while. Add 5 tbsp ketchup, ½ cup water, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar and cook for a while. Next add 1 cup fish/chicken stock, salt, ½ tsp of red chilli powder.

In a cup mix 1 tbsp cornflour and ½ cup water and add to the wok above. Add in the fish/chicken and put in a handful of spring onion, the green part only.

Serve with Garlic rice or Egg fried rice.

Tell me how it was.

Till then,

Best,

Urooba.

No comments:

Post a Comment