Monday 11 July 2016

The Power of Girls and Egg Salad.

Hey Everyone! Feminist Post Alert!

I am not a very big fan of self-help books – I think they are much generalized and do not take into account factors and constraints like finances, society and culture. Speaking of culture and society a lot of my dreams have been brutaaaaaally murdered just in the name of “what will people say?
Well I don’t really give a damn care what people say, think or do. I am a very big advocate of Live and Let Live. If you stay with me, most welcome – If you want to leave I’ll gladly show you the way – heck I’ll even hold the door (I am very mannered :p)

Moving on – I recently read a book LEAN IN by Sheryl Sandberg, currently CEO of Facebook. I finished the whole book in like 2 days and to my surprise found myself agreeing to a lot of what she said and made me think too. Getting me to think is not an easy task.

She mentioned that female accomplishments come at a cost – do you guys think so? I think yes – a very small percentage of female population may not have paid the price but I am pretty sure they must have felt guilty too at some point in life.
Another question that caught my attention was what would you do if you were not afraid? I for once would live my life to the fullest! I regret not having fun in life – given a chance again I’d literally live like I am dying tomorrow.

Mentor? The word really bothers me. In all these years I haven’t been actually impressed by anyone – male or female! Then the most eye opening sentence pops up EXCEL IN WHATEVER  YOU DO AND YOU WILL FIND A MENTOR. I am yet to excel and therefore find myself a very own mentor.

Do you all think that women pull other women down? To some extent yes – which should not be the case. Whenever I open up my own company it is going to be women dominated if not an all female enterprise.

The writer comes from a very privileged background and has luck has been favoring her – but then they say you make your own luck, right?

Thanks for reading my 2 cents on this – let me know what you all think?

…and here is the Egg salad – an amazing breakfast.

 EGG SALAD.
1 egg, hard boiled.
1 small onion, chopped.
2 tbsp mayonnaise.
2 tsp mustard.
Salt and Pepper
¼ tsp of garlic powder.
½ sausage, preferably smoked – finely chopped
1 green chilli, fresh or slice of Jalapeno.
2 slices of bread.

Mix all and spread it on the slices and enjoy with tea.

Try it out and read the book!

Best,
Urooba Malik.


No comments:

Post a Comment