Saturday 13 February 2016

WHAT THE VALENTINE?


Cupid’s cloud – dessert filled with cream, nuts and strawberries

This weekend I have decided to stay in! Traffic signals swamped with young kids selling roses, the malls overly decorated with nauseating red balloons, scary stuffed animals, overpriced deals and chocolates. Absolute, utter and total nonsense on local and international channels alike and outright controversy over the internet regarding the celebration of this day.

My opinion is pretty neutral on all this and I say this LOL’ing. Well celebrate it – no harm in doing so but don’t go overboard and please go easy on the reds and colognes.

According to me you don’t need one day to tell someone you love them, the rest of the 364 days are equally important! Ban on celebrations in Islamabad and ban on swimming in Karachi (wonder why?) the best thing this valentine’s day is the buy 1 get 1 free offer from Subway, I get to watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S back to back in my PJ’s and the fact that I got to taste the Devils my bad, the Cupid’s cloud.



Want clouds?? – follow the recipe below!

Cupid’s Cloud

1 cup Strawberry, chopped finely.
1 cup cashews, chopped finely.
½ cup cream, stiffly whipped.
4 tbsp castor sugar.
Tiny drop of red food coloring.

Mix all and chill for a good couple of hours.

Eat and Enjoy.





P.S Wishing you all a very happy Valentine’s  ….or not (suit yourself)

Best,
Urooba.

No comments:

Post a Comment