Once again 14th February is here. The same confusion, chaos and identity crisis prevails. To celebrate it or not, to buy this or buy that. Ever exceeding expectations and ever ever exceeding disappointments. I believe there is a constant contemplation between buying her that Chanel perfume or selling your kidney. Lolz I am funny.
The only best thing about this Valentine was once again Subways buy 1 get 1 offer – ditto as last year. Oh! And also the fact that my Valentines day dessert turned out really good. Hah!
Last year I made something called the Cupid’s cloud, click here to check it out. It tasted heavenly and out of this world. Something like eating clouds, or maybe cotton candy – or mixture of the two.
On the downside, according to my dad – it wasn’t presentable enough (huhn?). So this year I improved it a bit, experimented and tweaked around a few loopholes and came up with this!
Looks pretty right? Go ahead..try it out and let me know.
Ingredients and method.
- Beat together 2 tbsp of sugar and a cup of cream, till well combined.
- In another bowl add 200 grams of pureed strawberries and 2 tbsp of sugar, again beat well. Add a handful of mixed chopped nuts.
- In a cup, take half cup of warm water and dissolve 3tsp of gelatin.
- Now lightly beat all three together.
- In a glass bowl, make and set strawberry jelly. Once set, pour the mixture prepared above onto the pre set jelly, and let that harden up.
Decorate however you want to. I used cut offs from chocolate cake and sprinkled a generous layer on top and added a strawberry on top with a few mint sprigs.
Tell me how it was.