Wednesday 23 March 2016

NEED TO KNEAD


First attempt at Pull apart Bread

I am a big fan of cooking, baking, tossing and grilling – but kneading is something I detest the most. Like theeee most!
I have however always wanted to try out breads, different kinds of bread – the dough is just like play dough – versatile and can be filled with whatever you like. I wanted to try this particular pull apart bread, it looked pretty cool. A bit too girly for my taste but pretty nonetheless.
I just came across this pretty looking bread, with no ingredients, no instructions – well they were there, lets say that I am not too well versed in Russian, and before someone suggests – No, the page could not be translated. That’s how I spent my weekend, hit and trial of this pull apart bread.



I am pretty satisfied with how it turned out, considering this was my first attempt. I think with a little bit more practice and tweaking it can definitely be perfected.




Here are the ingredients and instructions – In English.

Ingredients and Instructions
In a bowl take 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp of salt, 2 tbsp of yeast and a cup of warm water. Mix all and leave it aside till you see it become frothy.

In an another bowl you need 2 cups of all purpose flour, 2 tbsp of Oil, 1 egg and knead all this with the yeast mixture prepared above.

Knead all nicely, smear a bit of oil once done and leave it covered for a couple of hours – after 2 hours the dough will be twice its original size.

Roll it out nice and thin and cut circles, make sure the area and your hands are well floured so it doesn’t stick to your hands or the surface.

Spread the filling, filling can be whatever you like. Mine was finely chopped sausages, onion, jalapeno, olives – tossed for a minute over low heat mixed with Tikka masala, the boxed one. Top it with cheese. Fold the circle once horizontally and once vertically and arrange in a pre greased glass dish.

Once you have the desired arrangement, take an egg, beat it well and give the dough a nice egg wash. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of Oregano and into a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.




Enjoy hot!

Step by Step pictures next time I try it out – promise!

Let me know how it turns out.

Till then,


Best,

Urooba.

No comments:

Post a Comment