Sunday 10 January 2016

Catch me some Tuna.

A classic Tuna Sandwich, served with Potato Wedges and Spicy Salsa


Hi there! I have an interesting observation to share.  Every time I pass by the pantry, I noticed the can of Tuna giving me this sad, dejected look. It was something along the lines of Hey! Remember you bought me? Why don’t you cook me? – Every time I kinda ignored it and got something else out of the pantry instead – but today I got it out of the cabinet and decided to use it in the manner that I like the most, you got it right – In a sandwich, with some potatoes on the side and fiery salsa, perfect meal for this kind of dry weather.

This Tuna can would not regret sitting in the cabinet now, would it?

Let me tell you something about Tuna now, it is a saltwater finfish, subgroup of the mackerel family. It is also considered a delicacy in most areas for the way it is prepared to achieve specific flavors or textures but it being canned is totally another story – easy and cheap; a good source of Vitamin D and oh so delicious.
There are plenty of ways to cook Tuna, but I will show you the simple and classic way, so without further delay here you go.

Classic Old Fashioned Tuna Sandwich.
Ingredients

1 can of tuna, drained and mixed with teaspoon of Olive Oil.
1/3 cup of Cheddar cheese.
3 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
1 large onion, finely chopped.
3 tablespoons of spring onion, only the green part.
1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
1 teaspoon of mustard.
2 tablespoon of pickled cucumbers, finely chopped.
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon Mixed herbs.
Cheese slices.
Bread slices, lightly toasted

Lettuce and Tomato slices – optional.

Mix all – and build a sandwich any way you like.


Do remember this sandwich is best served cold, or very slightly heated – otherwise it’s gonna go soggy.


Fry some potatoes and get some good quality salsa and Enjoy!


Let me know how it turns out.


Best,
Urooba.

No comments:

Post a Comment